Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where Go the Boats?

Dark brown is the river, golden is the sand.
It flows along forever, with trees on either hand.


Green leaves a-floating, castles of the foam,
Boats of mine a-boating- where will all come home?


On goes the river, and out past the mill,
Away down the valley, away down the hill.


Away down the river, a hundred miles or more,
Other little children shall bring my boats ashore.


Where Go the Boats?
Robert Louis Stevenson



Wow, its been a really long time since my last post!  I've been neglecting my blog in order to get some personal projects done- this being one of them.  This was a project that my wife came up with to give me something to paint.  I really wanted to try something in a picture-book format but I didn't want to tie up too much time on a longer story.  It was a great opportunity for me to work with a sequence of images and try to carry the story through.  The paintings are about 14 X 25, under-painted with acrylic and then finished with alkyd. Overall it was a great process, though pretty humbling, and I'm excited to try my hand at it again soon.

1 comment: