Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Couple More Paintings




























Here are a couple of paintings that I did this week.  The top one is another painting from Stough Canyon (same as my last post) and the bottom one was done looking out the window of my house.  They were both done in acrylic and are 16 x 20 and 20 x 24.

I've been preparing canvases and panels lately by adding a couple of coats of gesso; brushing one coat perpendicular to the other.  The brush strokes mimic the texture of the canvas but sort of obscure it a bit more, which I'm kind of liking. The absorbency of the gesso also gives the acrylics more of a matte appearance and less of that plastic-y look which I'm not too big a fan of.  Anyway, it's been fun sort of customizing the supports a little bit.  I think I might even start stretching my own canvases soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment