Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013



















"The dignity of the artist lies in his duty of keeping awake the sense of wonder in the world.  In this long vigil he often has to vary his methods of stimulation, but in this long vigil he is also striving against a continual desire to sleep."

- Marc Chagall


These are some paintings I did this week.  The middle one, with the view downtown, I did at home based on a photo that I took on a hike with my son last summer.  The other two were done in the field, as most of these small paintings are, awake to the wonder all around. 

It's funny but it seems like every time I'm done painting, and I'm driving home, the hills are lit up so amazingly, bursting with life and color I could never hope to imitate.  And so the pursuit continues!

These are all 8x10 done in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment